Suggestion for cordless tool makers

Page 2 of 2

Bob F wrote:

shooting screws when I had to blacksmith my tin shed that the tree fell on. But for any long screws or production work, I get out my real corded drill. Those other battery tools, like the baby rotary saws and such, seem like toys. I almost never need to do any work where 110 isn't available within 100 feet or so.
-- aem sends...

Also the 2 kilowatt generator is awfully heavy to move around!

Because we have three (all free) that have nothing wrong except dud batteries and/or dud chargers.And like most good technicians and conservationists one hates throwing anything that still works away! My AC work horses are a 1953, 230 volt, slow speed Wolf. One el cheapo 115v Black and Decker etc. bought on sale when K mart closed down here! And one used el cheapo, reversible? IIRC, bought at a flea market. A long extension equipped with a GFI provides safety. Also occasionally on the sail boat or in the camper, unless one has an inverter (and a fairly heavy one at that) only 12 volts is available. Oh and btw one of those hand-drills where you turn the handle.

It's an interesting idea. However, it would be one more thing to cart around, or have around. So why not just cart or have around a similar sized plug in drill?
Speaking of plug in drills, after using a battery drill for a long time I went back to using a plug in 3/8" drill and WOW, does a plug in drill have a LOT more power. I'd forgotten just how comparatively weak the battery powered ones are.

Then just buy a corded tool. For the same money you can get a quality corded that will outlast any battery-operated variety.