Suggestion for cordless tool makers

It's an interesting idea. However, it would be one more thing to cart around, or have around. So why not just cart or have around a similar sized plug in drill?

Speaking of plug in drills, after using a battery drill for a long time I went back to using a plug in 3/8" drill and WOW, does a plug in drill have a LOT more power. I'd forgotten just how comparatively weak the battery powered ones are.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Then just buy a corded tool. For the same money you can get a quality corded that will outlast any battery-operated variety.

Reply to
Phisherman

Let's see some of the pranks I would pull. In one shop where I worked, our workbenches had a master switch that we would flip on when we sat down to start our day of toil. #1, paint the guy's soldering iron with liquid flux then coat it with gun powder. #2, Take a bunch of 12volt miniature lamps and hook them to the 120volt power so that the sun came out when the victim flipped the master switch on his bench. #3, Swap the contents of the tuner wash and freeze spray cans. I would pull a vacuum on an empty can then connect them together with the plastic extension tubes and transfer the disparate content. The victim would get an unexpected result when trying to clean or cool something. #4, The old add a handful of extra hardware to the tray holding a disassembled item trick. There are many more pranks that a bunch of warped, bored, creative people would pull on each other.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

About the spray cans, the freeze spray is expensive and canned air for blowing the dust out of computers is cheap, especially by the case. Just hold the can upside down and you have freeze spray. I also hook them together when a can of paint somehow lost most of it's pressure. Hook up a canned air can (upright) to the paint can and pressurize it again.

Reply to
Tony

I have several 20lb CO2 cylinders of the type used for soft drink dispensers that I use for cleaning and sometimes freezing things if I don't have any R22 at the time.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas