sugestions for removing ceramic tiles off the floor

Besides just taking a hammer and breaking the tiles to bits and then doing the same for cement and metal lathe under the tiles, does anybody have a sugestion on how to best remove old tiles so I can lay new ones? The area is fairly small (5ft*6ft.).

is
I did this exact same job about a year ago. Bashing things apart with a hammer and chisel took far less time and effort than I expected.
KB

doing
area
I had a much larger area, and I went and bought an air chisel. I imagine you could do it easily with a brick chisel and a hammer. Get a 4" razor scraper to take off the underlying stuff.
Steve
Get an inexpensive (<$20.00) air driven chisel. If you have a compressor it will permit you to get the tile up quickly.
RB
Leon wrote:

I did this a few years back. You can rent an electric chisel at your local tool rental shop.
Charlie

doing
area is