Suction pressure in vacuum

Trintch9 needs help on this one. I replace a bad compressor from Lennox HP package unit, i change the filter drier, check for leaks and pull a vacuum. turn unit on compressor came on but suctio pressure went into vacuum. i check for air flow restriction non recheck all lines no crimps. Please help :confused: :confused: :confused:
trintch9 wrote:

It is possible that some of the fittings were not tight enough and some of solder flowed into the piping. What filter drier did you change? If there was one in the condenser, did you remove it and put a new filter drier on the liquid line?
If solder got in the refrigerant lines it could have lodged in the screen ahead of a TXV valve or other type of refrigerant control. Look and feel for a cold or frosted area on the liquid line all the way to the metering device which indicates a restriction.
Study everything on Air Conditioning that you can find! Here is a link to my Trouble Shooting Chart, print the chart and keep it in your billfold you. http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-shooting-chart.html
Let us know what was wrong.
- Darrell
--
Air-Conditioning Trouble Shooting Chart