Success story (rocking toilet)

I've tried a few methods and still came up wanting, till now. My problem john had a flange that stuck a little too high above the floor and was less than level as well. Aside from being annoying it ate wax rings quickly. My solution; I patterned the base of the toilet, and cut a piece of smoked plexiglass roughly 1/2" bigger than the base (still a rectangle, I didn't attempt to contour it precisely), rounded the corners and cut a 7" hole for the flange in the appropriate spot. It cracked on the one side of the big hole, but as I was siliconing it down, I didn't let that bother me. That 1/8" made all the difference, it is rock solid, and even seems to work better, and the smoked plexiglass actually looks pretty good, unusual perhaps, but good.

Reply to
Eric in North TX