Substitute hose for Polaris 360 automatic swimming pool cleaner

Does anyone know of a website where you can purchase plastic hose material that will work with a Polaris 360 swiming pool cleaner. The Polaris brand replacement part cost over $22 for one 6 foot length of hose. I need 24 feet of hose and at $3.66 a foot.......well, there's got to be a cheaper way. I'm sure there is some other off brand hose that would work just fine.
Thanks for any help you may have. Chris Ring
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Hi, How about HD?
I got a good laugh out of this. This is the next thread after the DIY store idjit one, with everyone complaining about Home Depot's crappy service and selection (which is true) and the first reply is to try HD. Too funny, although I'll be the first to admit, as much as I complain about them, I keep going back also. Larry
I got a good laugh out of this. This is the next thread after the DIY store idjit one, with everyone complaining about Home Depot's crappy service and selection (which is true) and the first reply is to try HD. Too funny, although I'll be the first to admit, as much as I complain about them, I keep going back also. Larry
On 7 Jul 2006 21:00:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

====================Honestly sometimes spending 88 bucks for the "correct" hose is cheaper then saving a few bucks and buying what you think is an ok hose....
I needed an additional 2 foot of hose and being cheap did buy a proper sized hose from HD ...worked great for 2-3 years then the hose became discolored and very stickey to the touch because of the chloride in the pool water... in other words it looked bad... but it did work!
My polaris is almost 25 years old...(the pool is over 30) still using the original hose for the most part...
Your choice... if It were me I'd spent the 80 some bucks and be done with it... its just another expense like chemicals.. lol
Bob G.
I have a Kreepy Krauly which uses similar highly-priced hose segments. For the price of 2 segments, it was less expensive to buy a 30 foot long vacuum hose. Works fine for me. YMMV.
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.