Substitute hose for Polaris 360 automatic swimming pool cleaner

Does anyone know of a website where you can purchase plastic hose material that will work with a Polaris 360 swiming pool cleaner. The Polaris brand replacement part cost over $22 for one 6 foot length of hose. I need 24 feet of hose and at $3.66 a foot.......well, there's got to be a cheaper way. I'm sure there is some other off brand hose that would work just fine.

Thanks for any help you may have. Chris Ring

Reply to
chrisring2

Hi, How about HD?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

===================== Honestly sometimes spending 88 bucks for the "correct" hose is cheaper then saving a few bucks and buying what you think is an ok hose....

I needed an additional 2 foot of hose and being cheap did buy a proper sized hose from HD ...worked great for 2-3 years then the hose became discolored and very stickey to the touch because of the chloride in the pool water... in other words it looked bad... but it did work!

My polaris is almost 25 years old...(the pool is over 30) still using the original hose for the most part...

Your choice... if It were me I'd spent the 80 some bucks and be done with it... its just another expense like chemicals.. lol

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

I have a Kreepy Krauly which uses similar highly-priced hose segments. For the price of 2 segments, it was less expensive to buy a 30 foot long vacuum hose. Works fine for me. YMMV.

Reply to
John Keiser

I got a good laugh out of this. This is the next thread after the DIY store idjit one, with everyone complaining about Home Depot's crappy service and selection (which is true) and the first reply is to try HD. Too funny, although I'll be the first to admit, as much as I complain about them, I keep going back also. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

I got a good laugh out of this. This is the next thread after the DIY store idjit one, with everyone complaining about Home Depot's crappy service and selection (which is true) and the first reply is to try HD. Too funny, although I'll be the first to admit, as much as I complain about them, I keep going back also. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

I have a Polaris 360 and I need 6 to 10 feet of feeder holes. The actual Polaris hose is ridiculous price prices. Of course everything Polaris has is ridiculous!

Reply to
Tom

Check farm supply stores. Orschelns, Rural King, Tractor Supply. Look at hardware stores like Ace.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Or Ebay. If anyone can make a knock off substitute, it's probably there. If you're going to DIY, the key is knowing the exact size and properties of the hose. Had one of those years ago, don't remember much about the hose, what kind of connections it had, etc. This application is pretty specific and if it's not right it may not work.

Reply to
trader_4

When you consider chlorine resistance, the material is most likely Tygon PVC or fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP). Although, this mostly comes in clear. 3/4"OD, 1/2" ID Tygon PVC is around $5.50/foot whereas FEP is $6.80/foot (McMaster-Carr). So, it seems Polaris is marking it up some but not tremendously.

Reply to
WigWheel