subpanel selection

Why?

Reply to
Phisherman

Forbidden by some codes because of likely blocking quick access and increased risk of flammables near by.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Just to close the loop, I submitted an electrical permit amendment with the suggested wiring as suggested on this and other threads and and it just came through as approved. Going to cost me an extra $75 for the permit, but I guess that's just for the additional inspection work. Overall, I still think this is gonna SAVE me money since I'll be running almost 175' of less 12/2 cable and the subpanel kit only costs a few bucks more than buying the breakers separately (the kit comes with 6 breakers).

Thanks for all your help.

Reply to
mattmeitzner