Subpanel in Bathroom

I'm running plumbing and electrical conduit for a 4' x 5' bathroom that I intend to enclose once my workshop is built (30'x24'). My question is, can the subpanel (Breaker Box) be installed inside the bathroom?
I will be feeding this subpanel underground coming from the main service for the house.
Thanks, Ray

(e) Not Located in Bathrooms. In dwelling units and guest rooms of hotels and motels, overcurrent devices, other than supplementary overcurrent protection, shall not be located in bathrooms as defined in Article 100.
(HA HA Budys Here) wrote:

Since it's going in a workshop, not a dwelling unit, it would seem to be ok.

the key word here is bathroom. The NEC specifically prohibits installation of panels in bathrooms. Just turn it around and put it in the wall facing the room and not facing in the bathroom.
I can't turn it around in this scenario as it was going to be mounted on an end wall. Any other suggestions besides moving the conduit out of the bathroom. I've already partially buried the conduit, but only like 12' of it. Wouldn't be a problem to relocate, all that's involved is a little good ol' fashion manual labor in digging the new trench.
Just trying to get around from relocating if I can.
Ray
> > I'm running plumbing and electrical conduit for a 4' x 5' bathroom that I > > intend to enclose once my workshop is built (30'x24'). > > My question is, can the subpanel (Breaker Box) be installed inside the > > bathroom? > > > > I will be feeding this subpanel underground coming from the main service > for > > the house. > > > > Thanks, > > Ray > > > the key word here is bathroom. The NEC specifically prohibits installation > of panels in bathrooms. > Just turn it around and put it in the wall facing the room and not facing in > the bathroom. > >
On 13 Jan 2004, Ray wrote:

Is the plumbing roughed in yet? If not, and you can spare a 3' wide "wire room" next to the bathroom, just scoot that over enough to frame it in and hang a 30" door on it, and you'll have a utility/storage closet. I know you'll likely balk at wasting space for that, but I'm sure you'll find something to keeo in there.
Why not check with your local inspector. Tony D.