Submersible well pump question

I have a 1/2 HP submersible well pumy on a 40 foot drop pipe which is capable of pumping about 8 gpm max. The drop pipe is threaded schedule 80 PVC.
Is it necessary to use a torque arrestor?
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@DownThere.com wrote:

what is a torque arrestor?
--
Thank you,

See http://www.do-it-yourself-pumps.com/torque-arrestor-for-pump-system.htm
Answer from local well drillers - Not needed on 1/2 Hp pump