Submersible Pump Problems

I just bought a older home is a Juccuzi submersible well pump. About 2 weeks ago the capacitor went bad. I installed a new one no big deal until this morning I woke up with out water again. I went and check the capacitor and It was bad again. I have since replaced it twice today and the pump runs for about 15 minutes and then blows the capacitor. And ideas on what the problem is? Any help would be greatly great. Thanks

Reply to
Ken

Assuming you are using the correct capacitor (high enough voltage, etc), I have a feeling your pump motor is going bad. However, before you pull the well (a big job), be sure there are no worn or pinched wire where they enter the well (or anywhere else). Wires can often get pinched at the well cap.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Sounds like the cap is "in circuit" all the time... That would most likely mean the centrifugal start switch that opens up the circuit and removes the cap from the circuit is not doing it's job....good luck, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

I never mentioned how to test for the problem. Put your volt meter across the cap, if possible, and turn on the motor and you should see the line voltage.In a few seconds you should see the voltage drop......Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac