subflooring elevation problem

Any suggestions on how to level a subfloor that has a depression of about 3/16" in an area that is at the end of a small bathroom? The area of the depression is 13"X51". It will have hardibacker over it.

floor leveling compound

good answer

I image you will be using thinset since you are using hardibacker. I would use thinset to level your depression before applying the backer board.