Subfloor repair/replacement

I have an old house with pine board floor and subfloor. The floor is unbearably squeaky and both floor and subloor are rotting in some places from leaking steam heating (fixed already). There are gaps in the floor wide enough to see light in the basement. I would like to fix the floor (replace the top boards at least), seal it, and stop the squeaking.
Is there a way to remove the subfloor and install plywood without disturbing load bearing interrior walls?
Would I be better off attaching the subfloor boards to the joists with a couple thousand screws and gluing plywood on top? If yes, how thick should the plywood be?
--

EJ

<< Would I be better off attaching the subfloor boards to the joists with a couple thousand screws and gluing plywood on top? If yes, how thick should the plywood be? >>
Maybe just a few hundred screws. Some of the more finicky folks will also use construction adhesive as insurance against squeaks. Check local codes for recommended floor thickness. Common in our area is nominal 5/8" plywood. A lot of jobs are done with ring shank nails these days. Probably much faster than screws and good holding power as well. Your call.
Joe