Subfloor problem, what to do?

HB vs. Ditra no longer part of equation. I want to install 100sf Saltillo in kitchen. Floor is 3"x3/4" T&G boards nailed to 2"x8" joists spaced at "random" intervals (approx 19"-21.5" O.C.). How can I cope with this situation?
bob smith wrote:

3/4 ply topped with 1/2" cement board over the T&G? That would make your finished surface about 2" higher than it is now.
dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://www.gbronline.com/xico / _________________________________