Sub-Zero fridge freezer defrosting

I have an older Sub-Zero fridge. It has a freezer at the bottom which has recently completely defrosted (Ice in the ice tray turned to water)
Any idea what can be done? I cannot find any temperature controls anywhere to adjust. Is this a normal de-frosting cycle?
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:07:13 -0700, SQ wrote:

Not normal. Unplug and clean any coils you can find then restart it and observe after 24 hours. If it's not back to it's old self call a repair man or replace it because it's not a normal DIY to troubleshoot electrics.
--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007

Don't know, but I suppose that is because they've promised you sub-zero and it's not a question of letting you decide how hard the ice cream should be. (Although in my fridge the freezer temp control is in the fridge part.)

Yes, it's the normal ice-water-ice-water cycle. Called IWIW in the trade. :) It is designed to make the ice cream icy. :)
Is it making any noises at all?
Is it still plugged in? Maybe the cat unplugged it?
Can you see the coils? Is there any ice on them?
Fridges can sometimes be DIY. When mine wasn't cooling well, it was just because there was a mouse stuck in the little fan. I took that out and two weeks later, another problem. I guess I or the mouse had nudged the insulation because this time it was insulation in the little fan. I don't think that's your problem, but check it out again and get back to us.

recently my friges defrost timer broke and stuck in the defrost mode, you could have other issues, get a repairman out, it could be many other things
Normal defrost cycle is only about 20 minutes. Sounds like something more is wrong. How about call a couple appliance repair companies?
Please let us know what happens.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Sub Zero had one of the highest customer dissatisfaction ratings and highest repair rates in a recent study.
Steve
That'll fix it.

Love to see that study, if you find it online.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[top-posting corrected]

Well, if you have a subscription to Consumer Reports online, that will give you one confirmation. It shows the highest rate of serious repairs at 24%. The next highest was with Maytage at 16%.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com