Sub Zero Door Adjustment

My Sub Zero 550 was not holding a stable temperature in the refrigerator compartment. After some research and investigation it looks like the door hangs down slightly and the door fan switch for refrigerator circulation may not always make good contact. I checked on the Sub Zero site and they had no info on the 550 but the 650 seemed similar. The info regarding the door hinges talks about 2 shipping screws in the top and bottom hinges that should be removed. These had been removed from the top hinge on my unit but not on the bottom hinge. Should these screws also be removed from the bottom hinge? What do these shipping screws do?
Thanks, Bob
--
Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Forget about 'shipping screws' IMO, look for worn hinge spacers/cams between the hinge and hinge pin and the door. These are often plastic/nylon and can were or break and fall off.
If the door is tilted (crooked), the hole in the door panel were the hinge pin goes through may be worn or there may be a plastic bearing between the two is missing or worn.
You can see some Sub Zero 550 hinge cams, etc. at the following links:
550 Door closing cam http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rcu3865
550 Hinge bearing http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc 7809
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Sub-Zero+fridge
=~~~~~~

know they have nothing to do with the droop. However it appears that they need to be removed to allow any adjustment. I did remove them and adjust the bottom hinge and now the door is level and the temperature seems to be stable. I will have to keep watching it.

Bob
I had a similar problem when our SubZero was first delivered. The store delivered it and wrapped straps around they unit so tightly as they moved it that the door mounting was bent. SubZero replaced the door and all has been good since then.
RB