Sub floor

Please Help I Just find out that mine front door was leaking for same time and the sub floor under the ceramic tile is rotten. How to resole the issue. Can I cut out part of the sub floor in the foyer and replace with new piece or it is not good idea,

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Tomasz Wojcik

You can certainly just replace the part of the subfloor that is damaged. You will need to make sure the joists themselves are sound however. You can scab on to the joists if needed to support the new subfloor (and 3/4" plywood is ok for repairing the subfloor).

Reply to
donald girod

Thanks to all for the info.

Reply to