styrofoam-like covering

An ad in freecycle offers a dishwasher: worked fine before we removed it*Does NOT have the bottom panel nor the styrofoam-like covering over the top
I don't need a dishwasher, but what is the styrofoam-like covering over the top?
mm wrote:

heat and/or sound insulation
On Wed, 19 May 2010 11:49:54 -0700, "chaniarts"

thanks. I get it now. It's easy to find more styrofoam. I suppose you could make a bottom panel out of wood. Sounds like a good deal for someone.