Stupidity Award of the week....

Yesterday I was at a public event and just before it got dark outside, I heard a woman say: "I just noticed that both the sun and moon are out at the same time". Another woman said: "It's because we changed the clocks last night". I almost died from laughter.....

This earns the "Stupidity Award of the week....".

Reply to
Paintedcow

The functional illiteracy rate, i.e. you cannot read beyond street signs or news headlines is said to be about 18% in the US. I always figured the technical illiteracy rate was much higher. Lot of folks have no concept on how things work.

Reply to
Frank

Gee, I woulda awarded it to the bozo that posted the above post, as if anyone here gives a rat's ass.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Actually, if you understand how Daylight time works vs Standard:

I.E.:

4pm Daylight time(Saturday) = 3pm Standard. So if these women attended the same occasion both days, at the same time by the CLOCK, the second woman would actually be right!

By 4pm DST(Sat) the sun would be at its 3pm position in the sky. And the moon would not have risen yet.

By 4pm Standard(Sunday) the sun would be at it's actual 4pm position (lower) for this time of year, and the moon would be just coming up.

Remember: Daylight Time delays the apparent time(by the clock) of ALL celestial events, including rising and set of the sun, moon, stars, etc.

ABOLISH IT, and just shift our daily activities earlier in the day. Let lunch be at noon(both by clock and sun) instead of 11 solar. Etc...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Famous question from the Newlywed game, back in the sixties: in what direction does the sun rise in *your* neighborhood?

Yeah, some of the contestants fell for it.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

OK, so you win the Stupidity Award of the week. Is there any more room on your overflowing shelf of dumbfuck trophies?

Reply to
None