Stuff stuck on hardwood floor

I pulled out my carpet (and nails) today, with the eventual goal of getting the hardwood floor underneath done professionally in the next year.
The carpet pad by the door got wet over the years, and much of it is stuck to the floor. Does anyone know of a chemical I can use to loosen it? I've been using a single file razor blade w/o doing any damage, but I've hit the area that is completely stuck and it's not doing the job.
You're probably going to have to sand the floors anyway, so when the time comes for that, just sand the stuff up...

getting
the
best chemical would be elbow grease. Tough to extract though

stuck
I've