Stud Finders

I have purchased many stud finders in the past, and my last one is on the blink. I usually go with the Zircon brand. Does anyone have their personal favorites. I NEED it to be accurate.

I bought 100 neodymium boron super magnets. They are just a little smaller than a penny, but a little thicker. I just start waving them over a wall, and in no time, I have 10-20 of them sticking on the wall, and they REALLY tell me where the stud is. They also work good defining nail guards that send stud finders into convulsions. From there, I can take the old Zircon and fine tune.
STeve
We have plaster/lath walls... I've not had good luck with the zircon... not even in deep scan mode... That, or our walls are *really* screwy (of course the house is 130 years old... so that is a posibility.)
Any advice other than poking a hole and using the bent hanger angle trick?
--
be safe.
flip

Actually with plaster and lath construction the $2 stud finder that is nothing but a magnet on a pivot works fairly well because of all the nails in the lath. Of course it also finds pipes that are close to the wall.
Colbyt