stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube

I have windows that are friction based (no rollers) and need silicone lube every few years or so. The mfg recommends silicone lube as other lubes and oils attract dirt, which jams up the surfaces. The silicone lube works great and is long lasting, but the problem is the nasty petroleum smell that lasts for days, nearly a week.
From what I could find out, silicone lubes use a "carrier" that evaporates, leaving the silicone behind. Are there any silicone lubes that don't use a smelly carrier, or even 100% pure silicone that I can swab on the windows? Is the carrier really needed?
try powdered graphite
Wayne

Veggie wrote:

Silicon spray?
http://www.the-oilman.com/products/als.html

They make a food-grade silicon spray that has no taste or odor. Can't remember who makes it, but i know it's out there.....
I went thru 5 different brands of silicone sprays for wood windows with plastic tracks and the best one was by Dupont. Bought it at Ace Hardware but have never found it again. Was NOT 100% silicone. They did not hold up as well. None of the sprays smelled bad after an hour. If plastic involve look for one labeled for plastic or vinyl.

Veggie wrote:

I've never noticed an odor with KEL Pure Silicone spray:
http://unitygeneral.com/detail.aspx?IDt2

parts store and buy a tube of silicone dielectric grease. It is a vaseline consistency pure silicone that will do exactly what you want with no odor.
Thanks for the info. It seems like all the sprays mentioned in the thread use some sort of evaporating carrier (hexane, aliphatic petroleum distillates, 1,1,1 trichlor, etc.) I suppose the carrier would normally evaporate. But on windows, there are so many nooks and crannies and weatherstrip that the stuff takes a week or more to completely evaporate.
George wrote:

Veggie wrote:

Back in my dive shop days we used to use food grade silicon grease to lube and restore rubber o-rings and regulator parts. It has no odor and lasts much longer than silicon spray. Dow made it.... they call it high vacuum grease silicon compound.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:52:14 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

To Mortimer Schnerd.. Would Rick Springer approved of it? OR more importantly Sena Stone? (spell check on Sena...)
Chuck wrote:

Somebody out there knows me....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
That's great, there's a dive shop in town. Saves me the trouble of calling a manufacturer and begging them to ship me a single order of grease.
Thanks for all the net advice.