Stuck switch

The switch on my ice maker won't budge from the on position.
Any suggestions?
thanks, S2

Go into the ice business.
Red

ROFLMAO
2 ideas,
1) Sounds too simple, but have you defrosted the whole thing, could it be literally frozen in position?
2) If you want to just turn it off, you should be able to pull the wire leading to the solenoid (sp?) and no new water will flow into it, it would shut it off, however not fix it. (I have pulled the wire leading to the in-the-door water dispenser so keep my toddler from spraying it all over the floor)
Stuart wrote in message ...

You mean the sensing arm which detects when the ice bucket is full?
If that's the case the icemaker will likely need to be opened up to see why.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+icemaker
=~~~~~~