Stuck nozzle on garden hose

I have a slightly defective nozzle that I would like to replace with a newer one but I can't get it off. I tried grabbing the threaded part at the end with large channel locks but it just slipped and I was afraid to exert more pressure. I really don't want to replace the end with a new one as it would defeat the wonderful price I got for the new nozzle.

Any suggestions on how to break it lose with minimal damage?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Slather it with some bolt-loosening spray (PB Blaster) you get at the auto parts store.

I'm serious. That stuff is amazing.

Reply to
HeyBub

Sometimes heating the joint with a propane torch helps. Just don't get it so hot that it melts the hose.

Reply to
Pavel314

Cut the end off, replace. Done.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Yep, a dollar or two for the plastic end is Hardly a 'deal breaker'. I have several and only one that I can recall ever failed. Of course that assumes that the other suggestions don't work (unlikely)

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Pipe wrenches work better than channel locks in my opinion. Of course you need 2.

Reply to
despen

..

Try immersing the defective end in boiling water for a few seconds.

Reply to
hrhofmann

t...

quoted text -

Or cut the nozzle off with a hacksaw.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Have you tried putting a piece of rag around it and then try with the channel lock tool?

Reply to
Anthony

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@aquila.v.weretis.net:

What was this "wonderful price"?

Reply to
Tegger

Lay it on something solid if possible. Tap it with a hammer in a few spots. The vibration will sometimes loosen things up.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Sounds good. I have given it a few whacks on a concrete block but this sounds more "reasonable"

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Don't whack too hard or you might end up cross-threaded

HP

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I'm surprised nobody suggested soaking it in vinegar for a few days.

Reply to
arkland