Stuck nozzle on garden hose

I have a slightly defective nozzle that I would like to replace with a newer one but I can't get it off. I tried grabbing the threaded part at the end with large channel locks but it just slipped and I was afraid to exert more pressure. I really don't want to replace the end with a new one as it would defeat the wonderful price I got for the new nozzle.
Any suggestions on how to break it lose with minimal damage?
Add pictures here
✖
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Slather it with some bolt-loosening spray (PB Blaster) you get at the auto parts store.
I'm serious. That stuff is amazing.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 20, 9:24 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Sometimes heating the joint with a propane torch helps. Just don't get it so hot that it melts the hose.
Add pictures here
✖

..
Try immersing the defective end in boiling water for a few seconds.
Add pictures here
✖

t...
Or cut the nozzle off with a hacksaw.
Add pictures here
✖

Cut the end off, replace. Done.
--
Steve Barker
✖

Yep, a dollar or two for the plastic end is Hardly a 'deal breaker'. I have several and only one that I can recall ever failed. Of course that assumes that the other suggestions don't work (unlikely)
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

Pipe wrenches work better than channel locks in my opinion. Of course you need 2.
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 20, 12:44 am, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

Have you tried putting a piece of rag around it and then try with the channel lock tool?
Add pictures here
✖

What was this "wonderful price"?
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖

Lay it on something solid if possible. Tap it with a hammer in a few spots. The vibration will sometimes loosen things up.
Add pictures here
✖

Sounds good. I have given it a few whacks on a concrete block but this sounds more "reasonable"
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 21, 8:19 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

Don't whack too hard or you might end up cross-threaded
HP
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:44:57 -0700, Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds wrote:

I'm surprised nobody suggested soaking it in vinegar for a few days.
Add pictures here
✖