Stuck flapper washer

I am replaceing the flapper kit on the toilet, the plastic washer on the bottom of the tank is stuck... How can I get it off with out breaking it ?

Have you removed (seperated) the tank (cistern) from the base?
propman wrote:

Yes, the plastic washer on the bottom of the outside tank won't budge....

Some of the things I would try:
pipe wrench....see if it will go in the tightning direction too; sometimes there is a bit more play by doing this proceedure and it will break the bond of whatever is binding. Work the nut a little at a time in both directions. some kind of lubricant such as WD40 (let it sit awhile so it migrates) CLR wash for mineral deposits Gently heating with hair dryer Gently tapping the nut (not only helps with bond breaking but also lubricate migration)