Stuck faucet handles

I need to change the rubbers in a hot and cold shower/tub pair of faucets. BTW it's a Price Pfisher (sp?). Well I undid the screws but the handles are on tight. I feel if I pull any harder I'm likely to damage the tiles. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Peter

Penetrating oil (like WD40) and wiggle. Sure you got the right screw?

are
Any
Spend the under $10 and buy a puller for the handles.
The suggestion to treat them with a liquid wrench type product is also a good suggestion; best used in combo with the handle puller.
Colbyt
Is a handle puller different to a general purpose puller that you would use for a pulley? I was concerned that would mushroom the soft brass shaft of the valve.
Peter

faucets.

Run a longer phillips head screw down in the hole until it bottoms. You want one that is still about 1/4" from seated on the handle. Then you have an expendible place to put the puller point. The handles may be toast but you are probably tired of them anyway.

use
I have no experience with a general purpose puller. The principal is the same. The size and shape are most likely different.
The handle puller has a center point/pivot that fits inside the screw hole and 3 fingers that grab the bottom of the handle. The pressure on the stem is at the most solid point of the stem. Not my best explanation. I have never damaged a stem or valve using one. In one or two extreme cases over the years I have damaged the bottom portion of the handle. These were always cheap chrome handles.
Colbyt
I just did this to my tub and had the same problem. I used a pully puller (at least that's what I call it & it's what your describing). Be very careful, you can mess up your handles VERY easily. On the plus side, they sell kits at Lowes and HD that's not too expensive. Good luck. Randy