stucco roll or spray?

Were going to be painting our house which is stuccoed my question is which would be better? should i use a brush and roller or a paint sprayer? and if i do use a sprayer would i be better off buying one from hd or renting one my budget will only allow me to spend $300.00 for one which is the max dx model is this a good model or would i save time money and frustration by renting? the house is small enough to be sprayed in one day.

Reply to
Dean Swinger

We borrowed a neighbors..3/4 HP Campbell Hausfield. Put the input hose right into the 5 gal pails and sprayed away. Used 120 gallons of paint inside and out. Worked great. I'd go rent one

Reply to
Rudy

Reply to
Dean Swinger

Yea 120 gallons on 1 house a line of real bull shit.

Reply to
m Ransley

Our place in AZ was 120' wide and averaged 20-25 feet deep. Total distance around foundation was over 300' lin. Ext. walls upto

20' high..A very large exterior. It had an attached 3.5 car 1450 sf. garage w/ 9' ceiling. Total 5000 sf under roof.

I sprayed a coat of stucco seal on the whole place.. IIRC, that alone took

7 - 8 5 gal pails. Then a coat of stucco paint. Inside and in garage, I did 2 coats of PVA drywall primer, then a coat of interior acrylic latex throughout.

After that, I had a lot of empty 5 gallon pails..the neighbors were asking for them for years

BTW, after 4 years in the AZ sun, a bobcat whacked a chunk of my stucco & underlying Styrofoam SM board on the south (sun) facing side of the house..

After I patched and retextured the stucco, I painted the patch. I was surprised to find that after it dried, the patch blended in so well, it couldnt be seen- the original paint hadn't faded enough to make the patch noticeable..That was good paint.

Rudy

So blurts another "know it all" idiot from WEB TV

Reply to
Rudy

Reply to
Dean Swinger