Stucco Paint?

I have stuccoed exterior walls with woodtrim, walnut stained. There is some overspray of walnut stain on the stucco. Is there a suitable white paint to cover up the overspray?

Reply to
PaPaPeng

I'd use some cleaner or solvent and simply try to get the stain off the stucco first. Try TSP, for example.

Once you paint over it, you'll have to keep painting it on a regular basis forever. And then there's the question of color-matching the stucco -- problematic.

Reply to
Cue

My concern is that TSP is an acid that will eat into the lime of the stucco and weaken it.

I daubed fresh thinned stucco over overspray and the color is mismatched, too fresh white.

I was thinking of some water soluble white dye or paint that will blend the overspray enough to fool the senses that that part is slightly "dirty." The overspray should leach out with the paint eventually or at least weather to blend the walnut tint.

Reply to
PaPaPeng