Stucco Mural Pics on Flickr

Since it's real southwest and not faux southwest, and the wall is probably adobe, I'd imagine that the mural is as well. Easy enough to shape.

RicodJour

there's no way that house is real adobe. if so, then this would tend to erode in a heavy rain. it's some kind of form stuccoed over, or even a prefab unit that's just attached to the wall. chances are it's over a styrofoam base.

Reply to
charlie

This is motar and carved with detail. This is not foam or adobe. IMO.

Stucco the wall and carve what you want...

-- Oren

Oren

Could be, but they all awfully thick to be carved in stucco. I vote for foam and coated.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Could be, I suspect a three coat process. Build up the material and carve the last coat and smooth finish. The first picture - AZTEC theme is very detailed.

I've been watching a pool guy over the past two months build a "faux boulder" feature with a pool slide, water falls and planters. Started with rebar and 3/8 " galvanized mesh. He did a scratch coat and then the second coat he began too shape the boulders. The last coat was both hand carved and stamped. They even cascade into one side of the pool.

-- Oren

Oren