Stucco for carport ceiling?

I'd been planning on covering the exposed fake beams in a carport and porch ceiling covered with t1-11 until someone suggested stucco instead. I'm wondering whether the stucco would hold up as well as the wood and whether there would be any drawbacks.

How about beadboard instead? That gives a nice correct vintage look (for an older house, anyway) and is somewhat removable in case you need access up there again.
nate

I'd thought of beadboard, but can't seem to find it anywhere for exterior use. Also thought of T&G but cost is too high.
Thanks.

If they're fake beams, why not take them down? Are they hiding something?