stucco finish/color for outdoor bbq island

Hi,
I was hoping to get done with a quickcrete 1 coat stucco colored with La Habra dry concrete colorant. I got the "eggshell" color, mixed 1 box per gbag of stucco (box directions) and applied to the back of the bbq island. Although it is not yet dry, I see no color change.
So, would I be better off continuing with the 1 coat under and a top coat of white stucco with color in it, or use the 1 coat and Kelly Moore latex for stucco/masonry?
Pros & cons?
Thanks!
Borax wrote:

Use a pre-mixed 'dash' coat product. Comes in many colors from a stucco supplier.
Try to tint it first to a color you like, painting will have to wait till the stucco cures maybe 1 month also repairing it in the future you need to remove paint. One positive about paint is grease, smoke, will wash off, not so for stucco.
On Friday, April 15, 2005 6:07:11 PM UTC-7, Borax wrote:

It would be better off if you do 1 more coat under and a top coat of white stucco with color in it.
Want more info about grill products: http://www.bbqislandsandgrillsonline.com /