Stucco application

I've been looking on the 'net and in here for tips regarding applying stucco. I'm doing an approx 3 x 20 patch over some critter damage repair. After you've applied each coat, scratch, brown - how cured does it have to be to apply the next coat? I keep seeing the concept of keeping it moistened mentioned, but it's not clear if this is always necessary. If I apply and scratch the scratch coast after dark (I'm in Florida), would that still require periodic moistening? Obviously I can't be home all day to keep spraying it down.

Any tips appreciated.

Reply to
Doc

One day between coats is the norm and all you really have to do is wet it once or twice a day. Most contractors I see don't wet it at all.

Reply to
gfretwell

3x20 ... inches? feet? If inches, perhaps a tub of ?DAP latex stucco repair would work. We used it on stucco on concrete block (Florida), then painted. Works very nicely. Sanded and unsanded, I believe. Played with it a bit, using stiff scrub brush, to get the surface texture to match.
Reply to
Norminn

Amending my earlier statement, about 3 x 10 feet.

Reply to
Doc

Cover it with plastic and spray it as often as feasible.

The purpose of the moisture is to maximize the material strength. Hurry-up contractors don't observe this.

One day's cure should be fine between coats. Read the label.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch