stucco

I have to patch parts of the exterior stucco where I put in new windows. I have never done stucco before, but I figure it can't be all that different from everything else I do with trowels.
Given that I want to be able to by supplies incrementally from Home Depot or Lowe's, what should I look for?
Some stucco advertises that they have fiberglass in it for extra durability. Is that something I would want?
--
Uno

Ive used mortar mix for the first coat on the wood, scratch it up good, then get a bag of stucco mix, I dont know if HD has stucco pre mix but call around.

Right. Everything is similar to something else.

Bags of stucco. But there are better places to go.

I don't know. What do you think you want? Do you need it? I don't know - don't know where you're located and the climate, don't know what type of stucco you have on the house now, don't know whether the house is painted and you'll be painting over the patches, don't know if you'll be trying to match the existing stucco in color, etc.
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 05:57:27 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Finally, a stucco question. Hurry, notify the stucco corporation.

YOu don't know much, do you?

I know when people ask questions without enough information for a meaningful response...and when people post and don't add any information to the thread.
RicodJour wrote:

http://i35.tinypic.com/abh7b8.jpg
Do you have a reason to go with bagged as opposed to redi-mix?
The stucco is in abq, nm, where everything is stucco. People who re-do it just put a skim coat over the entire existing thing. Fiberglass sounds good since it sounds more resistant to cracking.
I'm gonna put a layer of brick around the top, as frequently happens in updates like this. I'd also be searching for the best methods to do that, but first things first.
--
Uno

You don't mention how large or small the repairs are.

For small repairs, HD sells a quart sized _PRE_MIXED STUCCO PATCH_. I've used it and have been happy with the results.

The fibers will help reduce cracks in the stucco and is much stronger, IIUC.