Stubborn valve stems

Page 3 of 3
'Oren[_2_ Wrote:

Maybe put the bead of caulk most of the way around the flange. Leave a gap at the bottom where any water that does get in can drain out.
--
nestork

Anyone looking for a good steady job that can't be exported to China or India need only look into going into the repair business.
On 10/23/2013 1:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

be exported to China or India need only look into going into the repair business.

I'm in the repair business. it's not good, or steady. Thanks to over regulation under O.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi, In a "throw away when broken consumer world" what to repair? But I guess it depends what kinda repair job? I work on vintage tube musical amps for a hobby not to make money. It keeps my brain working and keeps me busy. When repaired and made it sound like what the owner(player) wanted, his smile of satisfaction makes my day. Of course my time and labor is free. Only needed material cost is charged. Wife is telling me, I shouldn't do this 'cause I rob repair shop's business,LOL! I do same with computers, appliances,etc. for my neighbors, friends.

I recommend these.... https://essafety.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020 e43594a9c230972d/m/a/max-30_1_1.jpg
I doubt you are taking business away from a shop. They get their business from people who need something done right away. Those shops want to get something in and out quickly, don't want to fool around with hobbyists.
On 10/23/2013 3:31 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hope you are training a younger person, in the art. Not many vac tube guys left. I've got a couple dozen I harvested over the years. And used to own a vac tube tester, which got lost years ago to unfortunate situation.
--
.
Christopher A. Young