I am looking to run the following throughout the house:
1. Coax for cable tv.
2. Coax satellite tv
3. Cat5 for an analog phone line.
4. Cat5 for Voice-over-IP phones line.
5. Cat6 for Ethernet/Internet
I'm planning it so that all the cabling comes into a control center
located on the 2nd floor. The house is a two story house and it was
built in 2000.
My questions are:
1. What is the best way to run wire from the attic through
the 2nd floor ending up at the bottom floor. Do I make 1 ft.
diameter holes in the walls to drill between floors?
2. How do I navigate around/through firebreaks located on the
3. Would you recommend that I run 1" - 2" diameter pvc piping so that
I can run the wires in the piping. What this allows is for
me to add or remove wiring easily at a later time. My only concern
is that I will weaken the structure of the house by running pvc
through the walls and between floors.
4. In terms of the list above, should I add anymore type of wiring?
I was thinking of an intercom.
Thanks in advance,