Structural Adhesive Recommendation ?

Hello:
Is there a consensous on a "structural adhesive" brand and type that one can use, instead of nails, to fasten some 2x4's to a concrete wall to hold up some garden type of implements.
Think this would hold fairly well?
Would like to get out of using concrete nails, if practical ?
Guess I would be one that comes in a caulk-gun style tube, and sets up hard.
Thanks, B.
Robert11 wrote:

Try one of the "Liquid Nails" products. May not be the best, but it is easy to find. Check the intended usage on the label, they make a number of different products.
The ability to hold up under the conditions you are describing will depend on may factors. Frankly I might use both or just mechanical fasteners. I would not trust the adhesive.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

This is Turtle.
if you was going to just hold it in place and the weight would not be on the Adhesive. You might get away with it. Now if your going to ask a adhesive to hold the weight of say a tool box and woodworking supplies. Well I just don't know.
Now there is the old way of Concrete Wall Anchor Bolts and they will hold till the cows come home.
TURTLE
Glue ? If you want it to hold for sure use Tapcons . Nothing worse then a shelf falling down breaking your equipment. Glue can fail

Haven't tried it yet, but I just bought a Ramset "Value Kit" from Home Despot for $19.95--a gun that works with a hammer and 40 nails and 40 .22 cartridges. I was going to use Tapcon blue screws, but these are cheaper (about 20 vs 50 cents each) and a lot faster and don't require a special bit and hammer drill.
Then again, they are harder to remove and seem more dangerous than screws.
Nick

Despot
cartridges.
50
drill.
There are uses for the powder actuated fasteners but the performance of the Tapcon fasteners is much better.
Hi,
Please post how it worked out. Thinking of buying it also.