Strongest glue

What's the strongest glue I can use to glue stained polyurethaned wood to granite counter top? The gluing surface is small, around 1 sqi.

Reply to
Sasha

Your best bet would probably be to strip/sand it down to bare wood and use a slow-set epoxy (not the 5-minute stuff).

If you don't remove the poly, then it doesn't matter how strong the glue is since the bond between the poly and the wood is likely to be weaker.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

30 minute epoxy
Reply to
J.A. Michel

The strongest glue I ran across wasn't used as glue but as a two part enamel paint for an old fiberglass shower tub refinishing job. I had a drop on a linoleum floor and it couldn't come off without pulling the linoleum apart. Two part epoxy couldn't stick to the smooth linoleum surface it and could have come off easily.

Reply to
** Frank **

Either slow-drying two part epoxy, or polyurethane glue, such as Gorilla. For epoxy, make sure to mix thoroughly, at least a full minute. Also, I would sand the poly finish off the lower surface before gluing, at least rough it up. Roger

Reply to
Roger

Gorrila glue. HD.

Reply to
dean

I'd do slow set epoxy after cleaning off the polyurethane, AND cleaning, or abrading or roughing up the surface of the granite top as well. You don't say if it's old or new.

Reply to
Bill