Strong unbearable chemical smell in bathroom

Page 2 of 2
On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 9:32:27 AM UTC-4, Stormin' Norman wrote:

...or a padded plastic seat. (Good call, BTW)
Here's s a link to a thread related to padded toilet seat odors.
http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/how-get-rid-new-plastic-toilet-seat-odor-super-strong-116845/
On Sun, 09 Oct 2016 21:14:02 +0000, Jymmeh1993

I used some old paint once to paint a room. It stunk for a couple months.

Make sure all of your traps have water in them. Pour water down the sink and the shower drain. That should stop any odors coming from the pipes.
Is it a sulfur smell?
We had a case where a strong odor was present when we ran water in one bath room, but nowhere else in the house. It turned out there was a colony of b acteria in the drain. When the water ran it pushed hydrogen sulfide odor o ut. A cup of bleach down the drain cured it.

new

mical

the

t,

llway

we

as

After two months all smells associated with the renovation should have diss ipated. Pulling the toilet and installing a new wax ring is one possibilit y, but you said it is a strong chemical smell like grout. Maybe one of the products that you used for the remodel is having a bad reaction with anoth er product.
Did any garbage get left inside of the walls?
Is the vent pipe for the bathroom plumbing clear of any obstructions?
Do you have critter problems? Somethings they get into places they cannot get out of and die. That smell lingers for a long time.
Try contacting the grout manufacturer.
On Sat, 08 Oct 2016 15:14:01 +0000, Jymmeh1993

Did you install a new vanity and or counter top? What are they made of? If the counter / sink is a synthetic, that could be the culprit. If the vanity cabinet is a pressed wood product, it could have been manufactured with inappropriate glue such as one might find in product not made in the USA.
Also, did you install a new wax ring with the new toilet?
On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 10:14:04 AM UTC-5, Jymmeh1993 wrote:

I'm wondering if you have mold/mildew in the wall or floor. Every have any leaks or missing caulk around the fixtures where water cold penetrate? Mildew can have kind of pungent chemical odor.