Strong sulfur smell from furnace

You are NOT understanding or not caring. A nozzle and filter will NOT fix the problem. It needs to be cleaned and then the burner needs to be set up properly. This takes expensive equipment that any good oil serviceman has on his truck. It takes combustion efficiency equipment (preferably digital), a stack thermometer, an oil pressure gauge, a smoke pump and a draft gauge. Anything less is pure bull and that "mason" firend will not have it nor know how to operate it if he did have it. Do it right! Bubba

Thanks for this detailed advice. I will print this out and try to convince my landlord of this.
Do you live in Louisiana?
It sounds like Turtle serviced your furnace, and one of his farts has come back for revenge.

:) Actually, Pennsylvania.
Penn. That's good....Just anywhere but Illinois as that's where Dave the noted fundy hvac hack works outta (unlicensed...it is rumored)

Fact. Call the state, ask for his licence, and they go.."what was that name again? " Better yet, do as I did...call him, and tell him you have a job you need done at a rental home you own there, and ask him to give you his licence number and insurance info...you wont get it...and by law, when asked directly they have to either give it to you, or tell you where it is located.

Julie where in PA are you? Maybe I can recommend a licence competent service company for you?
Barry

Thanks Barry. It's not my choice, since I am not the landlord, but I am in the Collegeville/Phoenixville/Skippack area, about an hour northwest of Philadelphia.

PHILADELPHIA??!!!!
Hell! I hope you FREEZE!!!!
Now if you were in New England..........
;-]

LOL! Fortunately for me, I am not a native of this area, so I don't have any love for the Eagles. I'm actually a Buffalo fan--so I guess that makes us rivals. :)
J.
Subject: Re: Strong sulfur smell from furnace Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => Julie P. <= wrote:>LOL! Fortunately for me, I am not a native of this area, so I don't have any

As a former Oiler fan, I bid you a solid "eat my shorts"!
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

Tekkie this is your neck of the woods maybe you can help Julie out. Julie, I am about one and half hours north of you. If your landlord does not fix this problem to your satisfaction I would call in a pro and deduct the cost from the rent. This is a serious situation. If, your like most people you don't want to make waves. But, your life may be on the line.
Barry

Thanks Barry! So far, it's been 24 hours, and the problem seems to be fixed. No more smoke coming into the basement. But I realize the furnace needs to be professionally serviced, so I'll have to brow-beat my landlord over this. :)