Stripping Wallpaper from a wall with lead paint

Hi Everyone:
I would like to strip wallpaper from a kitchen wall that I think has paint with some lead content underneath, though judging by the slight color change of my lead test kit, I am hoping the content is low.
(The house was built in 1956 and there is a pinkish coating underneath tthe wallpaper that probably is original.)
I know that I don't want to be gouging or scraping the paint .
But lets say that I am able to get the wallpaper off and scrub the walls with a wet cloth and sponge, without the wall being gouged apart.
Could I be releasing lead particles and dust into the air by the very act of stripping the wallpaper?
Thanks for your time.
Dave

Keeping it moist I doubt there would be any problems. After stripping, recoating will keep it in place if it does exist.

change
tthe
of
Don't eat any of the paint chips and you will be fine. ;)
Sometimes old wallpaper comes off with a steamer far easier. You should be able to rent one for a day.
AMUN
Wear a dust mask and gloves while you work, clean up afterward, especially before eating and drinking. The moonsuit routine is overdoing it.-Jitney