Stripping pain off of raditor covers

In everyone's experience, what is the best way to strip the pain off of metal radiator covers? Using Paint stripper? Doe a right angle grinder work well? Wire brush on a drill?. Thanks for al the info!
jeeze...Sometimes spell checker is the worst! It is PAINT..Not pain....Sorry about that! "

Maybe the OP is in pain !!!!
<< what is the best way to strip the pain off of metal radiator covers? >>
Sand blasting is the fastest most effective way. If you have an air compressor there are low cost units that will do the job nicely. Commercial units are just a bit too hairy unless the technician can calm the velocity down to just get the paint without distorting the metal grill work. There is a wide choice of media, like walnut shells, plastic bits, glass beads and such that can be used in the civiian models. I have used glass beads mostly in my rig. HTH
Joe
On 10 Nov 2003 17:38:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam (Joe Bobst) wrote:

Could you recommend what to buy in a sand blasting unit.
My needs are primarily decorative glass work crafts, but also have some clean-up needs like paint removal.
Thanks!
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |