string trimmer ignition module- cross reference replacement?

I have an older weed eater hp30t trimmer that appears to have a weak ignit ion module (has to be spun at a good clip to get spark) and after finding t hat they no longer make a replacement module, went to various sites to look at similar modules that might fit. There are several that appear (after sc aling the pics using the spark lead as the reference) to be useful at 15- 3

5 dollars US. My question is if I do get one that fits, might there be any other aspects (like advance/retard) that a similar module might have that makes the replacement a no go? Thanks Pat
Reply to
patrick