Stretching a carpet in double-wide

Our double-wide, used as a cabin is now three years old and the cheezy carpet is ocean-like with waves. I looked around and soon realized taht the carpet was laid as a whole, half-house piece so the stud walls sit directly on the carpet. So, I don't have nailing strips at those walls. I understand that the carpet will have to be cut at these walls and nailing strips inserted. But twhat the heck do I do with the holes cut in it around those darn air vents in the middle of the floor. I can just imagine that stretching will move the cut out into the middle of the floor. So, how about this; I make the wall cuts, stretch and attach to the new nailers. The part of the carpet which gets stretched into the vent opening gets cut off and trasferred to where the vacancy for the vent becomes visible and glue it down. The prime issue I see here is that the rest of the carpet is

*not* glued down. So, am I on the right track or not? I've never done this and could use a bit of insite. As always, TIA, Chuck
Reply to
C & E

Couldn't you cut the carpet at both walls, install tack strips, and then stretch it equally from both sides. I am sure the way you are talking about would work also, but the glued down patch will probably be noticeable. Larry

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331