Streaks in refinished floor

Hello- So I am in the midst of refinishing my oak floors.
I thoroughly sanded them and they are nice and clean and even. I then applied a Minwax stain (red oak) to them last night. I took my time and the floors came out beautifully.
I wanted to start polyurethaning them this evening, about 24hrs. after the staining. Prior to laying down the polyurethane, I wiped down the floor with tack rags dampened with mineral spirits, like the Minwax can said.
Now I have streaks in my floor where I wiped it with the tack rags!!!!! A little bit of stain came up as I wiped, and now I fear that I made the stain uneven.
The color is consistent, but the streaks are more like some areas are shiny and others are dull.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

Sounds like you have too much stain where you did not wipe or too much mineral spirits. Wipe a dry rag over the entire area and it may even out. The mineral spirits may flash off anyway. Worse case scenario is you put on a thin coat of stain again and wipe the entire area with dry rags, not one in mineral spirits.
"Prior to laying down the polyurethane, I wiped down the floor with tack rags dampened with mineral spirits, like the Minwax can said."
I have never done this. I thought the proper procedure was to put the stain on it. Then wait about a half an hour, then wipe it with a clean, dry cloth. Then wait a day then put down the polyeurethane.