Stray Droppings Worms?

An unknown neighbor lets their dog free to defecate on other lawns. The person in my house who took care of the yard recently passed away. So I'm wondering, would chlorine, benzene or plain ice salt kill any potential parasites? I remember dog dewormers had toluene or something called piperazine adipate. When the weather was warmer I tried sprinling pepper along the periphery and apparently this had stopped for a while.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

I'd suggest to telephone veterinarian offices in your area. Perhaps someone there knows a bit about parasites in canines.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Contact your local animal control officials and have them get the dog under control.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Why are you concerned with killing parasites on the lawn? Do you roll around on it? Walk barefoot? Kids?

Just curious...because I doubt the parasites will take up residence in the lawn once the poop has been scooped.

Anything you apply that will kill the potential parasites will probably kill the lawn too.

Pick up the poop, rinse the area with lots of water and get on with life.

Reply to
DerbyDad03