strange tube came out with ice from freezer door

We have a Samsung fridge that has the ice and water dispenser in the door. We bought used(6 months old) and the water has never worked. It trickles so slowly that it would take you 10 minutes to fill a typical glass of water. We've changed the filter 3 times so its not that. However, the ice maker has always worked.
Yesterday I was getting ice and a weird piece popped into my drink. The image is here:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/229/469069197_6410dcfa2f.jpg
It is made of soft rubber and was frozen solid with ice in it. I pulled out the ice drawer to try to find where it goes but I couldnt see any place obvious. Today I checked and its still making ice like a champ.
Any idea what this thing is? Also, I'll take suggestions on how to fix the slow water problem too :)
Looks like the water inlet spout that places water in the ice cube section of your ice maker. It is supposed to deliver water to a precise spot in the ice maker. You may want to check this out before your freezer gets flooded the next time the icemaker tries to fill.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net