Strange start of the seas

Henry:

H > Last year when I turned on our gas furnace for the first time ... I went to H > the attic and found the igniter buzzing away and to state the obvious - the H > burner was not doing a thing. Came down and turned the thermostat off. H > Igniter stopped. Waited a little while and moved the thermostat again - H > repeat performance from the igniter. Once again turned the thermostat off. H > I called a professional who was recommended by friends. He showed up - I H > tried demoing the problem. I say "tried" because as soon as I moved the H > thermostat the furnace fired. Well, since he was around he checked the

Of course!

Hopefully this is halfway normal as our furnace is also reluctant to start up first thing in the season.

  • Inspired by: polite way of saying "swiped from".
Reply to
barry martin

might be that the gas in the end of the tubing needed to be purged. The activities of attempted startups finally used up the "old" gas in the supply tube.

bill

Reply to
bill a