Strange sink faucet connections

I have replaced many sink faucets but this one has me perplexed.

I went to my mom's house to take a look at a broken faucet valve stem. I'd like to swap it out with a new wide spread set, but the faucet looks like it is built into the porcelain of the sink itself! The pop-up is entirely contained within a compartment of the underside of the sink. I have no idea how I would replace the spout or if this is even possible.

Maybe I could just replace the stems and handles but I wonder if the metal tubes from the spout would align properly or be the right size.

I can't replace the sink tub because it is overlaid on its perimeter with a fancy tile job.

Here are some pictures from underneath. It is interesting. The home was built in the 1950s.

fpbear

Double weird.

I'd make the confusion go away by replacing the sink!

Still, it's lasted 50 years...

Reply to
HeyBub

every effort to repair the existing faucet even if I had to have a new stem made. Otherwise you will have a major job to retrofit the faucet or replace the sink.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

A long shot, but I've had very good luck finding old, obsolete repair parts at Teter's Faucet Parts, in Dallas, TX. A phone call and a photo will work. They are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Boden

Reply to
Boden