Strange Screws

Page 7 of 7
had a flock of

that
no there is 5 pointer at bottom of the torx security page , sorry i posted too soon :}
snipped-for-privacy@its.invalid says...

Actually, no, they don't list the 5-point security versions, only the 6-point.
Lara Tools sells them on-line, if you qualify. http://www.lara.com/torx-plus-tr.htm
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
On 15 Jan 2006 23:00:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The tips that others have recommended were not available to the public, or at least not at a sufficiently low price, for quite a while after the screws came out. The same process will happen again and again.
So.... Buy your self some left-handed drill bits and drill out the screws. You can do the same with right-handed drill bits, but it takes a lot more time. With LH, the bit acts as a screwdriver all the while it is drilling, and the receiving threads are usually good when you're done.
Replace with other screws.
There is one general tool vendor on the net that has LH screwdrivers, and the very big hardware store in Dallas (Eliot's, I think) had them when I was there.
(It's fun to ask for them at big box stores, and even most hardware stores. They think it's a joke, like left-handed poker chips.