Strange Hot air furnace

I recovered an old hot air furnace after it had been removed in a renovation project. I didn't see how it was originally set up. Above the firebox is a barrel sot of think, occupying about 2/3 of the area, laying horizontally. It has 2 pipes or tubes coming out of it, each about 2" in diameter. They don't look like they have ever been plumbed into anything, and all is clean as you look down inside them. We were going to fit a plenum chamber of the area and forget it, but when the blower is run, very high speed air comes out of them, and when the burner is on, the air is slightly warm. What am I looking at? Thanks, Dave W.
Dad;
Based on your description, could it be a cooling coil? Perhaps it is designed to be connected to a water-source air conditioning system. The 2" size does seem perplexing as these seem rather large for the pipes inside the coil, although it may be appropriate for a header if a number of smaller pipes are connected to it. Another possibility is that it would be connected to a cold water system and provide cooling that way, while wasting one huge amount of water.
Brian
| I recovered an old hot air furnace after it had been removed in a | renovation project. I didn't see how it was originally set up. Above | the firebox is a barrel sot of think, occupying about 2/3 of the area, | laying horizontally. It has 2 pipes or tubes coming out of it, each | about 2" in diameter. They don't look like they have ever been plumbed | into anything, and all is clean as you look down inside them. We were | going to fit a plenum chamber of the area and forget it, but when the | blower is run, very high speed air comes out of them, and when the | burner is on, the air is slightly warm. What am I looking at? | Thanks, Dave W. | |

is
Interesting thought, but the pipes have no fittings on them, ends are cut clean.

inside
We wondered if it could have been there for domestic water, but the pipe size and clean end made that seem pretty unlikely.

All our thoughts conflict with the fact that the fan blows a whole lot of air out of them. It seems they are part of the hot air flow, rather than just inlets and outlets for the barrel like structure they are attached to.
Thanks, Dave
I don't suppose the thing has a name-plate and/or model number anywhere on it?

It is a Brentwood, Model BOL140. Under the word Brentwood it reads: Lear Siegler 560705
I would have included this info but furnace is in a friend's garage. Thanks, Dave W.