Strange gutter configuration

You're still batting zero, Rico. ...not that anyone is surprised.

Nope. Not going to work either.

Don't wake up. People would fall out of their chairs.

Reply to
krw

rote:

Anybody else having problems opening that page?

"30. HOW DO I INSTALL GUTTER IF I HAVE NO FASCIA BOARD? Use a hanger with roof strap."

You know - just like those three links I provided. Sheesh.

Tell you what, kemosabe, post a picture of your roof edge and I'll design the gutter system for you at no charge. Let's see what you consider impossible.

RicodJour

A 24" roof strap? ...into what? No thanks. Holes in roofs aren't my "thing".

Text only NG.

Reply to
krw

So post it on a binary group. Or the web.

Reply to
dadiOH

Works for me...

I quote from page:

Hanger Alum 5" Standard K Style Hidden with Clip 1000 Pieces

Reply to
DerbyDad03

rote:

I could go on...

Reply to
DerbyDad03

If by relatively new you mean thousands of years old, yes, you are correct. Back in the day collecting rainwater was easy way to get drinking water.

In your neck of the woods, where purportedly it rains 366 days a year, this probably wasn't so much of a question.

Gutters and rainwater collection should be mandatory for a number of reasons, disaster preparedness not the least of them.

RicodJour

Nope. My NNTP server doesn't carry them.

...and get spammed for the rest of eternity? No thanks.

Reply to
krw

Perhaps you've never heard of this technique:

Don't use your real information when using image hosting sites on the web.

BTW...as far as I know, tinypic requires no registration, therefore there's no way to get spammed.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Be careful. When you backpedal that quickly your chain is apt to become jammed.

RicodJour

Tried one, once. GOt spammed for years. No thanks.

Reply to
krw

No backpedal at all. I'm not about to register for some "free" site. TANSTAAFL.

Reply to
krw

What a maroon you are.

I have several hotmail and yahoo "throw-away" accounts. I used one of them 5+ years ago to register for a free fileden account. If I want to post any files or pics for others to download, I use fileden. If any spam comes to those throw-away hotmail or yahoo accounts because I used them to register for fileden - what do I care?

If you value your hotmail or yahoo e-mail addresses, then go and get yourself a hushmail.com e-mail account. You don't have to supply hushmail with a "validation" account in the process.

Go and register " snipped-for-privacy@hushmail.com", then use that as a validation account for file-hosting sites like fileden or tinypic.

Reply to
Home Guy

rote:

e:

It appears that you can't backpedal and read at the same time.

1 - Many sites require *no registration*. You can't get spammed if you don't register. 2 - Even if you find a site that requires registration, use a throwaway email address and fake personal data. Who cares if they spam...

i_never_read_mail_in_this_account@pick_a_domain.com

If you don't want to post a picture and possibly learn something about gutters and fake rafters, then just say so. All the other excuses are a waste of time.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You would actually *LIE*?? :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Mabee the house was built without gutters in the first place, with the extended roofline to divert the water out past the window and that didn't work, so they put gutters on???

Reply to
clare

and no basement

In many cases gravel filled "ditch" around the house to drain off the rainfall from the roof.

Reply to
clare

Hmmm...that doesn't make sense based on what I wrote.

The extended roof line is still there over the window - but just over the window. The gutters are on the both sides of that extended roof line, so they don't collect the water flowing over the window anyway.

Let's compromise:

Maybe there were no gutters originally and they settled on 85% coverage of that wall because it would have been hard/ugly to put a gutter on the small section of roof that extends over the window.

That possibility has merit.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'm lying right now.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'm curious to see this gutterless window. Can you see the side of the dormer from the street, or is it head on? Post a picture of the roof/window in question.

I hear you can post pictures for free without registration, so don't worry about the spam. ;)

RicodJour