strange electrical problem

x-no-archive: yes
The lights in two rooms keep getting dim, the they're on the same circuit. Here's the weird thing. When I listen to a battery powered radio, I hear static at the same time the lights dim.
I thought maybe a light fixture in one room had a problem, but they go dim independently. What I mean is if the lights in one room are off, the other room still has the problem
So what does it take for you to call a pro, have your house burn down , Bozo ,,,, wake up..
0 wrote:

You have a partially open circuit somewhere. Do not use the lights, this may cause a fire. If you are not capable of finding the open circuit, you need to call a professional.
On 11 May 2004 19:36:04 -0500, <0> wrote:

You have a bad connection somewhere along that circuit. The static you hear is the interference from the arc of the electricity jumping across the bad connection.
This is a fire waiting to start. I would cut power to this circuit and not turn it back on until you find the bad connection or have a prof. come and fix it.
If you want to fix it yourself cut the power to the circuit and start pulling the switches and outlets that were cut off with the breaker. Find aluminum wire? Stop here and call an electrician. No aluminum? Make sure none of the devices are using the "stab" connections on the back. Check all the screw terminals for tightness. If you see any discoloring or find loose screws on anything go ahead and replace the device.
Steve B.